Rikki is a GP, health coach, educator and mother. She graduated from the local University (Notre Dame Fremantle) in 2013. She has moved into general practice after 6 years of experience working in high-risk obstetrics and gynaecology in the hospital setting.
She welcomes new patients is excited about having the opportunity to build meaningful, long term relationships with patients.
She is passionate about many things including
- Obstetrics and perinatal education, support planning and mental health
- Paediatrics and child health
- Procedural and surgical medicine (incl. dermatology)
- Sexual health and contraception (including intrauterine devices and implanons)
- Lifestyle and integrative medicine including safe interprofessional collaboration with complementary health providers (currently working towards certification in lifestyle medicine)
- Gynaecology, menstrual disorders, menopause, hormone health
- LGTBQIA medicine
- Indigenous and Torres Strait Islander health
- Older adult and chronic disease management incl. care planning and health assessments
- Medical education (does sessional teaching and lectures at Notre Dame University)
- Health practitioner health and wellbeing (Doctors Health Advisory Service of WA Committee Member)
She was born in Kalgoorlie, had a modest upbringing by her single mother here in WA and worked hard to get into medical school and pursue a career in medicine.
Her postgraduate qualifications include a Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Health and Wellness Coaching Certification and Cert. Health Professional Education.
She loves being a mum to two young children and enjoys camping and the outdoors. She hates running.